Winter and colds are closely related, in today’s entry we are going to see some health tips for the winter.
The best health tips for winter
- Stimulates your immune system: To avoid colds and other winter diseases we must keep our immune system to 100%, for this, make sure that the supermarket bag does not lack fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins A, C and E and thus make our body have the Enough ammunition to fight infections.
- Enjoy the outdoors: While it may be tempting to stay home enjoying the warmth of being under a blanket on the couch, we should do everything possible to get the most amount of minutes of sunshine, thus avoid what in medical jargon is known as seasonal affective disorder, Something like a winter depression. So it’s time to get up and enjoy the winter scenery.
- Take care of your food: For some people the arrival of winter becomes a one-way ticket for weight gain and even for obesity. During this time we tend to perform less physical activity and eat very energetic foods that can lead us irremediably to gain weight. For this reason we must control the intake of foods and excessively fatty dishes and maintain the level of physical activity of the warmer months.
- Perform physical activity: Lethargy affects everyone during the winter months, is inevitable on many occasions. But precisely against that lethargy we must fight, choosing those sports that fill us more or those that we can enjoy only in winter like skiing or snowboarding. Remember to warm your muscles thoroughly before doing a sport to avoid injury.
- It prevents the spread of diseases: Washing your hands regularly, avoiding crowds of people and not abusing heating are some of the most basic habits that will enable us to prevent and prevent the onset of the most common winter diseases.
- Maintain body heat: An overly warm fall can make the arrival of winter catch us off guard. We should try to avoid getting to the point where we get warm because we feel cold; the best recommendation is to shelter ourselves before we feel cold, without waiting for our hands or feet to begin to fall asleep. We will wear gloves, scarves, hats, thermal underwear or any equipment that is warm and comfortable.
- Take care of hydration: It is normal that during the winter our sensation of thirst is reduced of important form, mainly by the reduction of the sweating. But this should not make us pay no attention to the amount of liquid we ingest throughout the day. The intake of water, whether as drinking water or that which is contained in food will improve the condition of our mucous membranes, the first barrier against colds?
If we take care of our health and we put a little effort in the day to day we will be able to prevent that the colds and other illnesses typical of the winter win us the game.